Information about Volunteering for the Portsmouth Film Society and at Sunset Screenings. To apply to be a volunteer at the PFS Sunset Events 2017 please read through the information below.
Are you eligible? The volunteers must be aged 18 or older. You must be local to the event you wish to volunteer for.
You should be available on the dates of the event you wish to volunteer at, and be aware that extra commitment may be involved in the form of briefing prior to the event. The attributes we seek in applicants because we consider them vital to a good volunteer are:
- a friendly, smiley manner
- common sense
- good initiative
- a strong interest in film
- an interest in and awareness of PFS activities including the SUNSET Festival
- good English
We believe that volunteering can provide a range of benefits:
- Meet new people and socialise
- Boost your CV with recent experience and training, update your skills
- Gain ‘hands-on’ experience in a wide range of different roles
- Give something back to your local community
- Enjoy a really wide range of films and events
We have volunteers from a variety of backgrounds, a range of ages and ethnicities, and do not discriminate. Example duties include:
- Welcoming audiences to events
- Ensuring ticketed entry as instructed Stewarding, Marshalling and Safety Guiding audiences to the right place for the right time
- Monitoring audiences to ensure everyone’s safety, spotting potential issues and retrieving immediate assistance if necessary
- Ensuring venue is respected
- Administrative and media related activities
- Marketing – e.g. distributing printed material (leaflets, flyers, brochures, posters etc) to venues across town
At return, we will provide dinner for the event nights, and free entry for the screenings. Drop us an email if you want to join or come to our first volunteer meeting will be on 1st of June 1 pm at Eldon Building. Thank you.
Portsmouth Film Society